At approximately 2 PM on Monday, September 25th, the Kingfisher Fire Department responded to an alarm at Homestead Assisted Living and Memory Care located on S. 13th Street. A fire had started in the medicine room, but all 21 residents were evacuated safely without any injuries reported. When they arrived, the sprinkler system had suppressed the fire and kept it in one room. After the fire was fully extinguished, the residents were transported to First Baptist Church Kingfisher to take shelter from the heat. There was minor water damage due to both the sprinkler system and firefighters’ efforts. All of those who resided at Homestead were relocated to a different facility while the building was being cleaned up.